Welcome to islamicintellectualhistory.com, an online student-led initiative intended to bridge scholarship in the field Islamic Intellectual History inside and outside of the UK. This site has been launched in view of its first project - a free conference on " The Public Role of Muslim Intellectuals: Historical Perspectives and Contemporary Challenges", held at St Antony's College, University of Oxford on Monday 30th April 2012.
We would like to thank everyone who was involved in making the conference a success.
In particular we would like to thank The St Antony's Development Fund and Middle East Centre for financing the conference.
Our thanks also go to:
- Michael Willis and Julia Cook from the Middle East Centre for their support throughout the conference
- Kärin Leighton and Jane Smith for their administrative assistance
- Rowena Abdul Razak, Meighen McCrae, Tania Saeed and Anoush Modarresi for their help on the day
- Suzie Grange for all her tireless website help and expertise
- All the speakers and chairs for their respective contributions to the day
- And of course to all those of you who expressed an interest, turned up on the day, listened and contributed to the overall debate
Thank you all.